Are you ready to become part of a community game-changer? To tell the story of an organisation that’s taking Tauranga and the Western Bay of Plenty forward?
Tauranga Energy Consumer Trust (TECT) is offering an excellent communicator the chance to join its enthusiastic team to create messages and connections that help tell the untold story of the organisation. One of New Zealand’s largest energy trusts, TECT has distributed over $439 million to the local community since 1993.
We are looking for someone with a passion for storytelling and a knack for grabbing people’s attention, as well as excellent organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively in the community.
Writing and communication skills are critical to this role so that a clear, fresh, relevant communications plan that looks to the future can be crafted and fulfilled.
You’ll be an experienced communicator with relevant qualifications in journalism or communications and public relations, and able to tell a compelling story through both traditional and digital mediums. Knowledge and experience in social media to spread good news is also vital.
With the TECT team, you would help create and execute meaningful and captivating ideas to connect our story with the local community. The role includes a variety of activities, such as:
- Writing (media releases, blogs, newsletters, website, strategy documents, advertising copy)
- Media engagement (media planning and relationship building)
- Strategic communications planning and advice
- Social media strategy and implementation
- Developing impactful and creative advertising ideas
- Issues planning and management
- Developing content for websites, video and social media channels
- Event planning and management
- Website maintenance and updates
You will also be:
- Passionate about creative writing and clear communication
- Forward-thinking and flexible in a fast-moving environment
- Open-minded and respectful of others
- Strong in your verbal and written communication skills
- A logical thinker
- Able to multitask and manage competing demands
- A confident independent worker who uses initiative
- A team player, with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to have fun
So if you’re looking to progress your career in a way that’s fresh, relevant and looking to the future, apply today.
Applications close 12 December 2018 at 4.00pm. Interviews will be held on Monday, December 17, 2018.
Applicants must be an NZ resident or hold a valid NZ work visa.