Role of Trustees
TECT is governed by six Trustees who are elected by Consumers for a 4-year term.
The terms of appointment of Trustees are staggered so that three Trustees retire every two years. The next election of Trustees will be held in 2020.
The Trustees, acting in accordance with the Trust Deed, are responsible for ensuring that the Trust operates according to its key roles and meets all its regulatory and legal requirements.
- Monitor and manage the Trust’s investments
- Allocate and distributing the Trust income and capital
- Review applications and confirm reciepients for funding
- Attend to matters relating to TECT’s funding schemes and requests for assistance from community organisations
- Communicate with Consumers and the general public on the Trust’s activities