The approval process
- Our Grant Administrators work hard to process applications as quickly as possible. Applications must be received by the cut-off date. We can usually respond within 6 weeks of receiving a completed application form.
- Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant organisation. The application form is to be completed – any additional information may be included. Do not say ‘refer attached’ in your application.
- As part of the assessment process, a TECT representative may visit your organisation to discuss the project in more detail.
- TECT Trustees discuss the applications and their merits at a monthly meeting based on the information provided by the organisation.
- The organisation will be advised the outcome of their application by a formal Grant Offer or decline letter following the grants meeting.
- Payments are made once conditions in the Grant Offer Agreement have been met. Recipient organisations generally have one year from the date of approval to uplift the funds.
- Grants must be used for the purpose it was given and approved. Grants are non-transferable to other projects. TECT reserves the right to terminate a grant where it considers the terms of the grant have been seriously breached. In this instance, part or all of the grant may have to be refunded to TECT.
- Acknowledging our support helps other organisations to find out how they can benefit from TECT funding. It also lets the community know about the TECT does in the community.
TECT receives a large number of applications each year. The final number of successful grants will always be determined by the funds available.