The TECT Community Awards are divided into six categories. If, in the view of the judges, an entry meets the criteria for consideration under another category, the judges reserve the right to transfer the entry to that category.
- Event Excellence Award – recognising an event that has excelled in bringing our community together.
- Sustainable Future Award – recognising a group that demonstrates sustainable practices embedded into the organisational strategy, vision and operations.
- Diversity and Inclusion Award – recognising an innovative initiative which supports diversity and inclusion within our community.
- Heart of the Community Award – recognising a group that has gone above and beyond business as usual to support a thriving, caring and connected community.
- Youth Spirit Award – recognising an individual under 25 who embodies community spirit through their contribution to the community.
- Volunteer of the Year Award – recognising an individual who has made a significant contribution to the community.
A Lifetime Service Award winner will also be announced on the night. A People's Choice Award will also open in February for the general public to vote on their favourite finalist.